We continue to generate significant Alpha on the My Own Analyst blog, where I share short-term trade recommendations on a regular basis in addition to so much more. For a complete description of the service, check out the brochure.
Since February, I have been tracking the trades, and we are have generated almost 1% profit per trade (0n 176 trades, including four currently open). The trades, which expire after two weeks if they don't hit their target or get stopped, are set typically for 4:1 return vs. risk. The average target has been about 10%. We limit ourselves to four max at a time. We end up with more losses than gains, but they are small while the gains are large.
Here are the last ten trades we closed:
- 8/31 open, 9/7 close on BAC, +7.9%
- 9/4 open, 9/5 close on LUFK, -1.9%
- 9/4 open, 9/10 close on TITN, -6.8% (it opened below the stop - second worst trade of 176)
- 9/5 open, 9/13 close on RRGB, +9.7%
- 9/5 open, 9/7 close on MPR, -2.9%
- 9/7 open, 9/13 close on LUFK, +9.3%
- 9/10 open and close on TITN, -2.1%
- 9/10 open, 9/11 close on TITN, -2.4%
- 9/11 open, 9/13 close on TJX, -0.9%
- 9/13 open, 9/17 close on ENV, -2%
We were right on only three of ten and took a loss in excess of our stop due to a gap down on one name, yet the average return on the 10-trades over two weeks or so was 0.8% despite not a particularly impressive run. As I said, this is a bit below average, as our average trade is returning 0.93%. Interested? Email me, and I will give you free access until October if you also sign up for a free trial at Invest By Model.